Saturday, November 14, 2009

Quotes from the gym

3rd Tony class this morning - and again, total insanity. There were 32 people there this morning (8 stations * 4 people per station) - the place was full. And again, I was the biggest one there. Part of me is crazy I think. No, seriously. I have to talk to myself while I'm standing there listening to the instructions on how to do each station. These are the thoughts that are going through my head:

No one is looking at you and laughing
Everyone is only concerned with themselves

It's better to be the fattest person at the gym instead of in line at McDonalds
You know you have it in you to do the best you can
You just had a baby 4 months ago
I'm so proud of you for coming out and doing it

Oh, other thoughts run around in that crazy head of mine, but they all revolve basically around the ones above.

This morning's class was AWESOME.

A few of the stations plus all the cardio in between was in the pushup position (alternating with something else) and by the end of class I could barely hold a pushup position. And I met my goal - I did better at this morning's class then the last class I did. And I can't wait to go back.

Two quotes posted on the wall at the gym that really sruck a chord with me:

Our self-image and habits go hand in hand, change one and the other will automatically change


Hard times don't last, strong people do.

2 people had this to say:

Amy said...

Way to ROCK it Christy.

Chantal said...

All those slim people with you didn't start out that way! You can do it!