Monday, February 22, 2010

Booyah (minus the yah)

If you heard obscenities yelled at 7am this morning, excuse my French, I was a tad peeved at the scale. It showed the same number it showed last week.

Actually, scratch that, I was peeved at myself. I work hard all week long: making meals, going to the gym, getting out for walks, putting other things at bay while I concentrate on myself - then the weekend comes, which almost always include one or two meals at a friend or family member's house and whatever I may have lost decides to stick around for a little while longer.

Why can't I say no to Nonno's homemade french fries and an egg/asparagus/sausage mixture?
Why can't I say no to Mom's ribs and lasagna?

I did say no to cake though (even though I was the one who made it)
I did stick to the veggie platter instead of taking a few handfuls of chips

Oh well - this week I'll have to kick it up a notch on the weekend! Bring on next Monday and I'll show you how it's done (just to get through tonight: hubby's birthday dinner!)

2 people had this to say:

Miss Gogo said...

You and I both know the scale is wonky sometimes. I've had weeks where I've done great but the scale doesn't show anything, then the next week, BAM, 3 lbs. Don't despair just keep on truckin'!

Teresa said...

Most frustrating, but at least you did not gain! Next Monday's weigh in will rock.