Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bye bye chocolate!

I'm all about challenges.

I think this is my favourite definition of a challenge: A call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition

A calling. My calling. Calling me to stand up to something, to win, to accomplish, to succeed, to try, to fight. I love it. I can hear the weight loss gods yelling at me - Christy, you CAN do this.

I don't always accomplish the goal, but I'm definitely more determined than usual.

Today is the first day of Lent. Yes, I am Catholic. No, I don't attend church on a regular basis. So I'm giving up chocolate for Lent. I'm doing it because there is an end to it (40 days), it makes me feel good to be giving up something for Lent even if it is for the wrong reasons.

It helps that my baby is getting baptized on Easter Sunday, which marks the end of Lent and a day I'll need to wear something pretty! So not eating chocolate for a month may help in losing a few extra pounds on top of what I have been losing.

2 people had this to say:

Anne said...

You can do this!
You're a stronger woman than I am, that's for sure!

Teresa said...

Good luck, I'm sure this will be a breeze.