Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bad habits stick around for too long

Yesterday, to celebrate my weight loss I made a keylime pie. Jeff brought keylimes home from his weekend last week and I've been eyeing them, desperate to make a keylime pie. It's my favourite pie. Ever.

So I got this super simple easy recipe:

4 egg yolks
14 oz condensed milk
4 oz fresh lime juice

I mixed it together (at medium speed) and then poured it into the pre-made graham crust I bought. I baked it in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.

Ali from http://ihavebubblesinmytummy.blogspot.com/ gave me the recipe. It was delicious.

I ate HALF of the pie for lunch and dinner yesterday. Yes, HALF OF THE PIE. I didn't even eat dinner I was on a sugar high. It was horrible. I am freezing the rest.

At least I counted all the calories in sparkpeople. All 1200 of them.

Off to the gym now to try to get rid of at least SOME of them.

It was SO good.

1 people had this to say:

Lynn said...

Well, you know I LOVE pie. This year that I've been making pies there's been more than one occasion when I ate a half pie on my own. For breakfast. Doh!!

Anyway, you're not alone :).