Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fun times = bad scale

The last two weeks we have had a ton of fun. BBQs, visiting, parties, picnics... you know where I am going with this, don't you?

Food intake has been CRAPOLLA. With a capital C.

Writing down what I eat is the one thing that keeps me on track. I've almost purposely not been writing everything down because I feel it gives me the go-ahead to eat whatever I want.

How is that for backwards self-sabotaging logic?

Easily the last 5 lbs I lost have found their way back.

So far today I've written down everything and I will continue to do so. I must focus all my efforts on telling myself that just because I'm not eating at home it doesn't mean I have to forget how to eat well.

2 people had this to say:

Miss Gogo said...

I know how frustrating that is (I've lost the same 10lbs 3 times over in the past 6 months). But what i try and keep in mind is that this is a life long change. So what if it takes me another year before I reach my goal? Your whole life is going to have moments like this. What is important is that when the BBQ's, fun times, etc. are done you start journalling and continue on the journey. No one is perfect, no one. Pat yourself on the back for continuing on after a bad period and tracking your food today.

Gina said...

I'm glad the journaling is something you like to do. I'm still resisting having to do that. You're a good example.

I do relate to you and Miss Gogo, though. You can do this!