Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet tasty red balls of flavour

I couldn't resist buying cherries yesterday despite the price tag. They make for the tastiest natural sweet snack in the afternoon when otherwise I would be searching for some type of sugar.

This morning I woke up and went for a hard, fast 6K run. I've been totally kicking it up for my runs, it's amazing how quickly you get back into it even though I basically took a two year hiatus for running.

I was mentally planning out my next couple of work-outs and realized that I wouldn't be able to make any of the classes tomorrow or Saturday due to our hectic schedule.

So tonight it is. Even though my legs are still feeling the run (yes, even though it was only 6K, did you read about my two year hiatus?) I'm going to hit the gym at 6:15. We won't be able to do hills because it's raining on and off here in Ottawa, which is a good thing for my poor legs today.

(and I was told that we got a fresh load of sand on our hill, JUST when it was getting nicely worn in and if you went a little to the right the sand was packed down enough that it was easier to get up)

4 people had this to say:

Miss Gogo said...

6K!!!!!! Are you running the whole time??? That is crazy good! Mmmmm....cherries. They are so yummy!

desajair said...

Heh "only" 6K she says.

Wish I lived in your world!

Sonya said...

I was thinking of joining you in Ottawa next year for the half! It'd be a crazy big stretch for me, but what the hell!

Then I just read this post about how you just casually ran 6K, like you went for a walk in the park! I wouldn't be able to keep up with you for ten seconds, let alone a couple dozen kilometres!

You rock.:-)

Christy said...

Thank you ladies. I suppose I am still comparing myself to when I was a "runner" and would run 10K every morning. But yes, I am running the whole time but am very slllooowwww. I almost find it harder to start running again after I stop to walk. Strange I know.

Sonya - YES!! JOIN ME FOR THE HALF. Please please please please please please. Desajair is doing it too! We have a year to train for it, let's DO IT!