Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Keeping it up

It seems for the greater part of the last 6 years, I have been working out.

I started out running, joined a gym, did a few bootcamps, joined Tony Greco, kept running, joined another gym and have finally landed back at Tony Greco. Sure there have been a few breaks in between, but the breaks are shorter and not as often. The last break was 4 months (last month of pregnancy and 3 months after baby was born).

Tonight I put both kids to bed and then sat down on the couch with my laptop. I was convincing myself that it was too late to go for a run. I was considering getting comfy. Then all of a sudden, I swear my legs starting twitching and I felt this overwhelming need to get out and get moving.

I went out for an intended 7k run. About 1.5k into it it started to rain. The words of one of my trainers rang through my head "If you don't have enough time for a run, do hills to increase your strength". Luckily the huge toboganning hill was upcoming on my right. I did 10 hills (with a one minute break halfway through) and gave it my all. Then I ran the 2k home.

And now I'm on my couch but in a way better mood.

3 people had this to say:

Julie said...

thats awesome girl! feels good ah?

Teresa said...

Way to go, keep up the great work.

rusty61 said...

Wow, you're amazing and inspiring!