Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ramblings

A few thoughts as of late:

  • reintroducing the kitchen scale was a good move on my part. It's amazing how we think we can eyeball 3oz of meat
  • green tea is my friend. At night instead of snacking I make tea and it perfectly satisfies me
  • I used to think I could eat as much fruit as I wanted. And while I'm sure no one got fat because they ate too much fruit, it's amazing how quickly the calories add up
  • I really do love trying new recipes, I'm proud to say that none of my meals come out of boxes, jars or bags
  • it's not only how many calories a day you consume, it's what you eat and when you eat
  • eating 5 smaller meals a day rather than 3 big meals seems to work for me
  • if I eat sugar, I want more sugar. So lately I haven't been eating it and go figure, I don't want it now
  • I really need some new breakfast ideas

It's Friday, my scariest day in terms of eating because tomorrow is the weekend. Which brings the unknown. Where are we going? What are we doing? Who's house will we be eating at? I hope there isn't anything tempting there.

Every weekend is a setback for me, but I'm improving little by little each weekend. Perhaps by the end of the summer I will have it down pat? One can only hope.

5 people had this to say:

desajair said...

NOTHING comes out of a jar? What about cans? I don't know what I'd do without my canned tomatoes or tomatoe sauce. Soup? Spices? Nothing at all out of a jar? I don't know how you do it... I can't buy fresh spices they'd just go bad before I could use them and I suck at drying/freezing them.

Christy said...

I meant none of my meals come out of a package/box/can/jar whatever. Maybe I should have said I don't eat anything "processed".

Sure I have spices, yogurt, tomatoes (not spaghetti sauce), tuna, beans, cereal, frozen veggies, rice, pasta... all in individual boxes/cans or jars. But I don't buy things that are already made or mixed together like spaghetti sauce, frozen dinners, soups, pre-made this or that.

Hope that clears things up!

Chantal said...

My eating has been crap lately and I can feel it. I have been moody, restless and stressed. I decided to slow down on my sugar intake and I have had headaches... It isn't fun. Boy I am a mess these days

Teresa said...

Hope you had a good weekend and things went smoothly.

Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 said...

I like your list and that you have a list. I had really fallen off the wagon (so to speak) the past several months. My head was in a fog (a sugar fog, maybe), and I couldn't focus on what to do next. I went back to a list I made when I was losing weight and was reminded of what I did that was working.

I think it's great you aren't eating sugar. I did it for one week. Getting my husband on board (and kids) is another story.