A few thoughts as of late:
- reintroducing the kitchen scale was a good move on my part. It's amazing how we think we can eyeball 3oz of meat
- green tea is my friend. At night instead of snacking I make tea and it perfectly satisfies me
- I used to think I could eat as much fruit as I wanted. And while I'm sure no one got fat because they ate too much fruit, it's amazing how quickly the calories add up
- I really do love trying new recipes, I'm proud to say that none of my meals come out of boxes, jars or bags
- it's not only how many calories a day you consume, it's what you eat and when you eat
- eating 5 smaller meals a day rather than 3 big meals seems to work for me
- if I eat sugar, I want more sugar. So lately I haven't been eating it and go figure, I don't want it now
- I really need some new breakfast ideas
It's Friday, my scariest day in terms of eating because tomorrow is the weekend. Which brings the unknown. Where are we going? What are we doing? Who's house will we be eating at? I hope there isn't anything tempting there.
Every weekend is a setback for me, but I'm improving little by little each weekend. Perhaps by the end of the summer I will have it down pat? One can only hope.