Saturday, June 19, 2010

Humpty Dumpty

Sat on a wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a big fall.

Yup, that's me. Humpty big ol' Dumpty. Last week I was sitting high up a wall. Then I fell. Hard. Friday morning I woke up, at 5:30 and CONCIOUSLY made the decision to go back to bed. That hasn't happened since I joined, back in NOVEMBER.

Things got out of control here ever since the flu! Won't get into the boring details of why, but our meal planning/making definitely took a backseat. Whoa and what a backseat it is!

Anyways, it just kind of struck me.

Eating well + exercise + being healthy is directly proportional to me being happy. Enjoying life and smiling way more than frowning.

And the best part is, I KNOW how to do the first three things. So if I do those things, I will be not sitting on the couch feeling icky and fat and lazy and rather be happy, not obsessing about food and maybe smiling?

Then why the heck aren't I doing it? It's not rocket science. Get to it Christy.

Ok, night. I need a good night's sleep so I can tackle this thing head on.

Did I tell you Jeff got sick of my mood being dictated by a scale so the next time I went to weigh myself I realized the scale was gone? Like it's gone, nowhere to be seen. And Jeff's smiling. Hmmm...

I promise my next post I will have a different lookout on things. And you can hold me to it :)

6 people had this to say:

Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 said...

Dear Humpty Dumpty,

You may have fallen, but you are not broken. And, you have the strength and ability to get yourself up, again.

"Then why the heck aren't I doing it? It's not rocket science. Get to it Christy." -- I've told myself the same thing (you could replace your name with mine). That mental block can be debilitating. I was in it myself recently. A good night of sleep is very helpful. I hope you can get it.

We can do this.

Love,
Frumpty Dumpty

Christy said...

Gina, thank you! Your comment made my eyes water. What wonderful words of encouragement. I did pick myself up this morning and going to call on my inner strength to get me through this.

Thank you again.

Malinda said...

give Jeff a high 5 for me... i like the way he thinks :-)

just take today one meal at a time one day at a time. you've done it before and you will do it again, even when you've fallen you will still get where you want to be.

Teresa said...

I do believe I've been having the same ongoing conversation with myself. How sweet of Jeff to look out for your well being. However rocky the road I'm sure you will find the strength to success.

JavaChick said...

Ha! Way to go Jeff! :)

I find when I get thrown off my routine - illness, visitors, overtime at work - it has a real impact on my eating and exercise. Once life gets back to normal and you get rested up, you just have to get back into the routine.

Gina Fit by 41 Maybe 42 said...

Hey! It's Humpty Frumpty here. Just saying "hello" and hope you are doing well. Happy 4th!