Thursday, July 21, 2011

I swear...

Every day I have ideas on what I can write about, what I want to share. I have plans, of when I can sit down with a cup of tea and write.

But here it is, a month since my last post. It's already JULY 21st! Where has the summer gone? When a weekend get together was rescheduled to August, I thought - why so far away? But really, that's in TWO weeks.

I know, I have to live in the day and today, it's July and it's summer. I need to stop looking into the future so much....

But, I digress.

Now that I'm back, all my bright ideas and wonderful posts are gone. And I sit here trying to say something interesting.

We had a wonderful trip on PEI. Beautiful weather, we love being with our family that we only see once a year. The boys had such a great time on the beach. For those of you who have never been there, the beaches aren't white and sandy beaches (ok, maybe Cavendish is..) but on the south shore there is red sand. And seaweed. And shells, rocks, driftwood, crab shells, seaglass... it's the best treasure island ever. We spent the whole week on the beach (a couple different ones) and just relaxed. It was perfect.


Carson making a person in the sand. Love the hair, the eyes and the teeth!

Our new house is still a work in progress. We are totally unpacked, but not settled in. I know what I want my house to look like, I just don't know how to put it all together. I've been using pinterest to get my ideas all together. And I just recently "hired" an interior designer to help me out. Here's who I got: http://ulyajenseninteriors.com/. She's coming to the end of August. I'm excited.

Here's a video of our new house - the first floor at least. My husband took it, and the house wasn't cleaned up before it was taken, so please disregard the mess. But it gives a little idea of where I'm living now.



I'm still with WW (I should say back after a brief hiatus) and quite motivated. Monday morning, I start the Tony Greco Lean and Fit program. Pre-baby body here I come (or as close as I can get)

For lunch I made the WW watermelon and orzo salad. It was quite yummy, although a tad high in points (1/2 cup was 5 points). But a great idea to bring to a summer potluck. And the # of points goes to show me that I sometimes underestimate the points for pasta salad type things. I really need to start counting them as more.

It's HOT out here in Ottawa today (supposed to be 47 with the humidex!). I'm picking up my boys and going to a friend's house who has a pool.

Happy humpday!

2 people had this to say:

Tricia said...

I was JUST asking around for a watermelon recipe today. Thanks for sharing

Teresa said...

Congrats on the new home. Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a good time on vacation. Its boiling here too!