Thursday, August 4, 2011

Loonnnng days

I've been waking up at 5 to get to the gym by 6 - and I normally fall into bed at 11 (10 if I'm lucky).

A typical day:

5 - 5:30 Wake up. Normally quite slowly. Make my tea, change into my gym clothes
5:30 - 6:50 Commute to the gym. Workout.
6:50 - 7:30 Commute to Goodlife to use the shower. Shower, get ready and leave for work
7:30 - 4. Work
4 - 4:30 Drive to pick up the boys
4:30 - 5:30 Get home and make dinner while the boys drive me crazy. Send them outside and let them destroy the backyard. 15 minutes later though they are back inside complaining how hungry they are. Please tell me how I can get my kids to watch TV for at least half an hour while I get dinner ready?
5:30-7:30 Dinner, dishes, play, ride our bikes, whatever the night calls for
7:30 -8:15 Bathe the kids, get them into bed
8:15 - 9:30 Make my lunch, laundry, clean... whatever needs to be done to make sure we are all ready to go in the morning
9:30 - CHRISTY TIME (or CHRISTY and JEFF time)

Last night Christy time involved watching Storage Wars :)

Just in case you were wondering what my days look like - there it is.

Here are a few random pictures from last night.

Mmmm dinner. Grilled veggies, a Greta and Janet gourmet chicken burger with fire roasted vegetables with a sliced avocado on top and a sprinkle of goat cheese

My spa water. The container (pink, of course, need I remind you I have TWO boys)

Water with ice cubes, cucumber and lemon slices. SO GOOD.

I cleaned the fridge last night. I have no idea how people take pictures of their fridge, I couldn't get it to work. Mind you, all my pictures these days are taken with my iphone - much easier to download :)

Grocery shopping and subsequent cutting up of veggies. Mixed in with a few Handy Manny tools :)
Sitting down finally for a delicious orange and to track all my food for the day.


Tonight I'm meeting the girls for dinner downtown... perhaps to Play Food and Wine (their cheese plate is to die for)? I didn't want to go home first and then drive all the way back downtown... so I thought I'd go shopping for a bit. THEN I realized I'm trying to cut down on my spending so I decided to go to the gym. GO ME. (Between you and me though, it's only so I can indulge in said cheese plate)

Updated to add:

I love leftover mixed together lunches. Look at my lunch? I know! And it tastes as good as it looks.

-green leaf lettuce
-leftover, warmed up, grilled vegetables
- 1/4 cup of white beans
- sprinkle of goat cheese
- 1 tsp of olive oil dressing

4 people had this to say:

Tricia said...

yum,spa water sounds great

Chantal said...

That is a crazy day woman! Good for you for keeping that going. I am still not getting a full nights sleep (thank you D2) so I stay in bed until the very last second. I will have to try those chicken burgers, that supper looked amazing.

JavaChick said...

Reading that makes me think I am an extremely lazy person. Or else extremely disorganized.

Sounds like you have a good routine going! Good for you. :)

Amy said...

You are all kinds of awesome!

Play Food and Wine = all kinda of awesome too!