Saturday, January 14, 2012

Apples + Zucchini = delicious soup

This soup is so good. So good in fact, I demand that each of you try it.

I wish I had taken a picture of it. The best I have is the bowl in which the soup had originally been.

Here it is:

  • 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced
  • 1 small carrot, shredded
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 2 medium zucchini, sliced or chopped, about 1 1/2 to 2 pounds
  • 2 apples, peeled, diced
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
  • salt, to taste
Directions:

In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat; sauté the onion, garlic and carrot slowly until onion begins to yellow. Add zucchini, diced apples, chicken broth, and curry powder. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.

Carefully puree the hot soup in the blender in small batches. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup garnished with cilantro or Italian parsley leaves.
Serves 4 to 6.

So really.... it's quite healthy, the only fat being the 1tbsp of butter. I followed the recipe to a T, and it turned out delicious. The curry made it a bit spicy, so I wasn't able to feed it to my kids, but it was perfect for Jeff and I.

I even put a dollop of greek yogurt on today's bowl and and it made it a bit more delicious.....

1 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Sounds good! Will give it a try.