Wednesday, February 29, 2012

5:15 brrring!

5:15 - alarm goes off
5:30 - dressed and ready to go out the door for a run
6:24 - back inside after run and stretch
7:00 - son's lunch made, my lunch made, laundry folded, garbage taken out, breakfast on table for both kids
7:30 - showered, dressed, out the door to work

If I could start getting up at 5am every day, do you know how much more productive I would be?

I just need to make sure I start going to bed earlier.

What keeps me up now? TV. I watch quite a bit of TV (1-2 hours a night). I tape all my favourite shows and at night after the boys went to bed, I'd get comfy on the couch and watch a one or two.

But watching TV doesn't do anything for me. It doesn't make me happy, doesn't help me feel more productive, doesn't help me get stuff done around the house I've been wanting to do, it doesn't get me any closer to my fit/weight-loss goals.

I lead a somewhat stressful life. Not more stressful then any other working moms out there. My stress comes from trying to figure out how to get all the things that need to get done in a day.

I'm starting to make small changes in my life to make it better. And I feel great getting to work knowing how much I got done this morning.

0 people had this to say: