Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Elephants

When I graduated university, my dad and step-mom gave me a gorgeus silver pendant of an elephant.

Why an elephant? Ornamental elephants are supposed to bring good luck to those that possess them (especially when their trunks are up. Although the trunk up/down issue has been discussed for years... I still like the idea of their trunks being up). And, elephants are considered one of the wisest animals. So now that I was finished university (and oh so very wise ;) and going off into the world, I needed all the luck I could get.

Since then, I've been given several different elephants (a gorgeus crystal one and a few wooden ones).

I was walking around this insane flea market while in Florida and I saw this staring at me. I had to have it.

It's one of those pieces of jewellery where I'm not sure if it's ugly or great. All I knew is that I wanted it (good thing it was only $10).

I may have also bought a $15 David Yurman knock off ring (if I win the lottery I'd love to buy a couple of these babies!.

This is the closest picture I could find to the one I bought (except mine's round). It's so very pretty.

2 people had this to say:

Amy said...

I'm not sure if my comment went through the first time...

Again:

You have wicked taste! Love the elephant pendant!

Teresa said...

Nice pendant, enjoy.