Friday, February 10, 2012

Florida no more

We're back. In the cold. After a wonderful 8 day vacation. The weather was perfect to be beach-ing it with the kids, a warm 25 degrees most days. The waves were fun, the sand was hot, the boardwalk was always interesting, the park was full of new friends and the boys had a wonderful time.

And so did I.

On the food front? I did SO WELL. I had a piece of cheesecake (split into two days) and a kiddie cone of ice cream (from Ben and Jerry's, first time!) and that was it for dessert. Normally on vacation, dessert happens once a day!

But my friends, times... they are a changing.

I ran four times. 4k, 4k, 7k and 4k. I won't lie. It was hard. During the 7k I took 4 breaks. But I finished. And then I went out to do it again the next day.

My 4ks were taking about 30 minutes... so I'm slow. Very slow. But I'm running. And you know what? I still love it. I love the start, the middle and the end. Even though right now it's hard, I still smile while I'm doing it. I love that I'm pushing myself. I feel more like Christy and less like Mommy (ie: the person I've become since I had my kids). I always feel I have to justify that by saying yes, I LOVE being a mommy, but I love being Christy too :)


Would you just look at the bags under my eyes? I haven't been sleeping well at all the past couple of weeks and it's really starting to show. Lots of stress that's outside my control. A lot of sleepless nights staring at the ceiling worrying about friends, about family..... I'm close to considering taking something to help me sleep. Maybe I'll have a few glasses of wine tonight, that always helps (and hey, it's FRIDAY!)

2 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

I think you look fantastic! High 5 on the holiday runs.. amazing!

For sleep you could try melatonin.

Have a great weekend :-)

Teresa said...

Welcome back to the Great White North. Hope you get your sleeping straightened out. Wonderful to hear you kept on track while away, good for you!