Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Smattering of thoughts

- is smattering a word?  Must google.  See results below.


- it's a good thing that none of my colleagues have their normal dish of chocolate/treats in their office or else I wouldn't have the willpower to say no.

- despite my physio saying no long runs, I did a sllloooowww 12k run with a colleague last weekend. In the rain. In the freezing cold rain (I had to take a 30 min bath afterwards just to warm up.  And I kept adding more hot water every 5ish minutes).

- now that I think I could get back into running, I don't really feel like it.  I am doing another long run this weekend and am thinking I will run the half (so long as I can get past the whole "I need to be fast" thing).  I love that my week doesn't revolve around when I can get my runs in.

- I am loving my workouts lately, now that it's not all running all the time, and I have to say that I LOVE the diversity.  Yoga! Swimming! Cardio!  Strength!


- We had some busy weekends (weekends away visiting family, weekends where Jeff was away and despite good intentions of preparing sweat sessions I could do in the comfort of my own home, the boys and I were having so much fun that I was pooped by the end of the night and just wanted to get in bed) and I don't feel guilty about not working out.  That's life, right?  It gets busy, and the important part is you jump right back on that wagon.

- I want to get a haircut, but I've finally gotten myself to a point where I only have to wash my hair every 3 days (and this is with exercising (read: sweating) once a day).  It's because it's longer and by the third day (ie: today) I can wear it up.  I don't think I could get away with the 3 day cycle if I had short hair.

- I sometimes have a really stupid smile (see above).

- The scale isn't moving, but I'm on day 78 of journalling my food intake and my workouts.  I KNOW that I'm eating 95% better than I used to.  I KNOW I'm making the right choices.  I am making my health a priority.  My lifestyle is changing.  Slowly but surely.  I am a different person than I was a couple months ago and life is brighter now.

3 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

you are SOOOOOOOOO healthy Christy! So healthy it is crazy. I know we all want the skinny (me too) but the healthy is way more important and you have that! YOU ROCK!

Amy said...

You are so pretty. xo

Christy said...

Thank you girls - you are the best!