Friday, April 27, 2012

Choices

Yesterday it was cold.  It was a bleary day.  Jeff had a man-cold. 

man cold (reference here)

The name 'man cold' disguises the true terrible, debilitating disease that is the man cold. Nearly all men will die from man colds unless they are administered immediately with large amounts of mindless TV such as daytime TV, or childrens' cartoons. It is essential that they not move from bed or a comfy sofa to allow for rehabilitation, and must have tissues and man cold medicine (such as chocolate biscuits, McDonalds, or a nice cup of tea) brought to them constantly by a nearby female.
'Either i have meningitus, end stage brain cancer, or a man cold' 
 
The kids were kind of cranky.  All of this combined made me a little cranky.

All I wanted for dinner was this
 
 I had the calories for them.  I knew how delicious it would be (yes, cereal is considered delicious to me).  I knew that 
a) I could use those calories more wisely
b) Cereal (actually, most starchy-carbs) are a trigger food for me, and I probably would have gone on to eat other starchy or sugary foods.
 
So instead I ate grilled veggies, grilled chicken and a smashed up half of an avocado.
 
I took a picture of it, I swear I did.  But it's not on my phone anymore.  I blame the kids.
 
It looks kind of like this (picture from here), but the avocado were smashed up on the side with a little sprinkle of pepper :)
 
 It was delicious.  I was mucho-happy with my decision.

2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

good job. yesterday I was PMS'ing and tired and didn't feel like doing anything (I have felt this way for a few days, today inluded) and we at mcDonalds. And I am not proud of it.

Christy said...

Oh my friend, there are lots of days I make the choices I'm not proud of! Especially THEN. For me it's all about the chocolate. Be strong Chantal - you've just come off a couple long/hard weeks, be good to yourself and don't beat yourself up.
xo