Monday, May 14, 2012

OMG! 13! Days!

Till the NCM.

And my friends, I am running it (the half)

I know I took a month off my training.

I know I haven't been following the training schedule.

But I restarted my long runs a month ago.

And I've been strength training religiously.

I ran 17K on the weekend.  My running partner had to stop at 17, so we walked the last 4.  We finished in 2:52.

I hadn't wanted to run if I wasn't able to complete in under 2:30.

I'm over that now.

I want to complete in under 3 hours.

Which is AN HOUR LONGER than my previous time.

But that was two kids and 50 lbs ago.

I've wised up and realized that the time doesn't matter.  The fact that I'm doing it does.




3 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

that is AWESOME Christy! You can do this. I can't wait to hear how it goes!

Teresa said...

Have a great race!

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY! You go girl :)