Friday, July 20, 2012

My week

It's a daily, hourly reminder to be happy, to focus on the positive, on the food things and not the negative stuff.  Why waste my time feeling bad, feeling not worthy or feeling like I can't do anything?

I need to remind myself that most of the times I look ok (maybe even good sometimes!)  (maybe the shoes weren't a great pairing, but I felt like wearing them)

I need to remind myself I have little people who count on me to be a positive influence in their life, even if they follow me everywhere, even the bathroom.
That I do good things (I made a promise to my sister that I would donate back all the blood that she needed after having cancer, twice).  I've donated that, and more, but will continue to do so.

I have some really great friends.  I'm continually making new friends, in turn making new friends for my children, which I think is a really important.




Jeff and I moved our family to a great neighbourhood, becoming friends with our neighbours (Beckett has named two of his Little People after our neighbours Abby and Ryan) who randomly stop by and bring us salad that they've made too much of.  It was dinner for me one night, and lunch the next two days.


That in the majority of situations, I do make healthy choices.  I introduce new foods to my life and focus on what's right for me (and making oats the night before to eat in the morning make things not as rushed in the morning!)


This was a poorly written post, I wish I had more time to write, to edit, to take nice pictures, but this my friends, is what I can afford for my blog right now.  Too many other priorities and any extra time I'd rather focus on them (right now off to google clean eating recipes for the weekend!)

7 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

This is a great post Christy! You are an inspiration! I have been exercising a ton more the last 3 weeks but my eating isn't great so I have been suffering with headaches in the afternoons. My goal for next week is to eat properly and avoid this extra pain.

Amy said...

I love reading your blog so much.

ps: hot top. Where is that from?

Christy said...

Chantal! So incredibly proud of all your working-out, been keeping an eye on you on mfp :) Headhaces? Tell me about them! I've started keeping a journal, in the past 3 weeks I've had 19 headaches. it's ridiculous, I've always suffered from them and I don't know if it's the heat or what, but this summer has been horrible headache-wise! Am finding there are also definite links to headaches and not so healthy food consumption :(

Amy - Joe Fresh baby, $16!!! I always think my blog sucks and no one reads it... not like I'm really doing it for anyone but me, but am always happy to know someone is reading, thank you :)

Nadia said...

I also enjoy reading, even if I don't comment!! :)

Teresa said...

I love the blog too! Now breath and relax, you are doing a good job.

JavaChick said...

Good for you! We all need to remind ourselves of these things once in a while. And you look great!

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

I just started reading your blog-and I'm a fan too! :) I think you look great-you're super cute!! I liked this post because it's very positive! So...YAY you! :)