Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Things I am excited for

1 - I got my fitbit one in the mail yesterday!  It was a toss-up between that and a HRM.  I've had a HRM, so was able to calculate my calories for a specific workout, but I like the idea of the fitbit measuring what I do ALL DAY LONG.  I think it will help to motivate me (I'm always up for a challenge, so if I have a set # of steps to do, I will do everything in my power to get to that #). 

2 - I'm going to Mont Tremblant this weekend for my sister's 40th birthday.  We are spending Friday here.

                                                                    (picture from here)
Friday night, we are going to see the new Twilight movie (everyone goes is a bit of a die-hard fan, this trip was booked around this movie-premiere weekend)... I enjoy the movies, but only watch them after they've been out for a few months (or once they make it to TV!) but I'll go, don't want to stay home by myself!

Then we are doing THIS on Saturday.  Ziplining and Aerial Course - weehoooo!

                                                                 (picture from here:)

Saturday night - tequila, shots, wine and most likely Le Petit Caribou (anyone who's been to Tremblant knows exactly where I'm talking about).

Sunday - home to see my boys!

3 - My son's parent teacher interview on Thursday night.  I'm sure at some point going to meet the teacher of your son (ie: highschool!) won't be as fun, but I love hearing the progress he's making (or not making!), what he loves to do, how he does in class.  For those of you with little boys, I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that your son does not tell you ANYTHING about his day at school?

Me: Hi sweetheart, how was your day?
Him: Good
Me: Tell me ONE thing you did today.
Him: Ate lunch
Me: Did you do math, did you do science?
Him: I don't know

4 - The Wheat Belly book.  More on this in a separate post.

5 - Coming out of my shell.  This morning I spent the whole bootcamp talking to this other woman there.  Normally I'm shy and just kind of stick to myself (or Chantal if she's there!), but I'm really trying hard to change my ways.  Last week I went to meet another wonderful person from the Losing it in Ottawa group I'm part of on facebook, who brought me to a KILLER bootcamp - type class called Soldiers of Fitness which I may have considered joining if it was a tad closer to me.  It starts at 5:30am, takes me a good 20 minutes to get there (and that's without snow) and 4:30 is just plain early.  I can get up at 5 or 5:30 with no much whine or fuss, but 4:30? that's just crazy Jay!  Anyway, I digress, like I said, I'm really trying to come out of my shell and get to know more people who do different things and open up my eyes to new things that I'm sure I will love.

2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

I MISS BOOTCAMP!!!! :(

Teresa said...

Have a great trip and a fun weekend.