Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy New Year!

My blogging has been sporadic and, let's be honest, boring.

I wouldn't blame you if you were to stop reading.

Life's busy, and blogging is unfortunately at the bottom of my list of priorities.

I am excited for 2013 though.  VERY excited.

And while my resolutions never stick, I have seen people talk about intentions.

This morning I stepped on the scale and saw a scary number.  A VERY scary number.  I simply can not go on gaining weight - I have to make changes.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.

This weekend we took the family on a little getaway to Mont Tremblant.  We took the boys tubing (SUPER FUN) and while I was walking up, with my tube, I had a panic attack.  What if I don't fit in the tube?  What if my 3 year old can't sit on my lap because I'm too fat?  What if we fall off because I'm simply too big?

Sure, none of this happened, but I don't want to be in a place where these thoughts actually enter my head.

It's not just me going on a diet.  It's more than that, I've done diets, they always fail, I need to start with my head. 

If anyone has any books, blogs, sites they find motivating, inspiring, helpful, healing - please send them my way.

I am concentrating on reading things that will help me in my journey and focus on the positive.  Again, life is busy so I only have so much time to spend on ME (without having to worry about the boys, work, lunches, swimming lessons, skating, skiing etc...) so I want to make sure to make that time count.  Really count. 

So let's go 2013, I'm excited to start and see where I end!

3 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

I'm with you ending the diet head mentality. Be kind to yourself, aim for eating and living healthy. I just signed up for a course on trying to sort out the weight issue, hopefully something good will come out of it. Take care Happy 2013.

JavaChick said...

I hear you. I don't want another plan. I just want to figure out how to be healthy without driving myself crazy. That's my mission statement right there. :)

I had some success last winter with cutting out wheat & dairy. That was HARD, and I don't want to completely cut those things out if I don't have to, but I am hoping to get back to the mindset I had at the time, where I seemed to be able to eat what satisfied me without going over board and/or binging. I guess the intuitive eating thing - but on my own, without a bunch of rules to follow. If that makes sense.

Best of luck to you!

Chantal said...

Do you follow GoKaleo? I started following her when Katie linked to her. I think the things she say make a lot of sense. I just don't understand how you, you who is so fit, you who is so strong, can not lose the weight you want to lose. I know you feel the same way. Is it time to go to a doctor or naturopath or something to talk about it. Maybe there is something else. I don't know. I don't want to scare you. But I just don't understand.