Thursday, February 28, 2013

Being aware

When I am self consumed with my biggest "problem" in my life, which is my weight, I have to remember that I'm pretty lucky.  I'm lucky that that's my biggest struggle and that really - it's completely within my control.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so positive these days it's mindboggling that I'm the same person I was last summer when it comes to feeling healthy, strong and in control.

Back to my original thought though...

A friend of a good friend is 36, a single mom, and had a double masectomy yesterday.

A colleague at work is finally in remmission from leukemia.

 I need to remind myself daily, just how lucky I am.


4 people had this to say:

Teresa said...

Weight is such a personal and difficult issue. But you are 100% correct that in life's big picture there are certainly worst things than being overweight.

Chantal said...

we are lucky aren't we.

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

So true. Every time I start to feel myself sinking into complaints-I count my blessings. Prayers and thoughts to both of your friends.

Kataroo said...

Last year so much of my mental space was occupied...no consumed with weighty thoughts. It was awful. I was not present with my children or family. Now I feel like I am ENGAGING in my life, enjoying and being present. I still have my moments of insecurity or worry or panic re my weight. But they are small in comparssion to how I felt last year. I keep telling myself that I am better this way, healthier, and happier and my yes my BOOBS look better :) LOL. Life is a blessing and precious one, I need to not take it for granted. This body can play and run with my kids, mommy pouch and all :)