Sunday, February 10, 2013

Small changes

As I go forward with my  new way of living, I make both big and small changes in my day to day.  Here are a few from the past week:

- Before, if my husband was going away for the weekend, it was the perfect excuse not to exercise.  "But I can't go to the gym, my husband's away".  Jeff's in Syracuse this weekend so I got a SITTER for 2 hours Saturday morning so I could get to the gym. 

- I didn't even go to a class at the gym, I made up my own workout and executed it perfectly.  Before, if there were too many people in the free weight section of the gym (co-ed gym) then I wouldn't do weights, I'd just go on one of the cardio machines.  Yesterday?  It was full, but I just found my place right between two guys my age and went about my own business.

- I didn't use my workout to justify a lunch out (which used to happen quite regularly on weekends). 

- I logged all my food (which included a cupcake (and a half!)) that I brought to a friend's house last night for dinner.  I ate what they served: lasagna, caesar salad and 1/2 piece of garlic bread and DIDN'T FEEL GUILTY!  Stayed within my calories, didn't stress about eating dinner at someone's house (where I am not in control of what they served).

Bring on the week!

Question: I weigh myself every Saturday morning.  The last two weeks although I've felt great, my clothes feel better, I find I look like I am loosing (esp. in my stomach area - I look at myself in the full length mirror every time I go to get dressed...) yet the scale hasn't moved.  I havent' let it discourage me YET but I'm worried if it doesn't move for much longer I may get weak and let it destroy my momentum.  Do I give it up and weigh myself once a month?  How often do you weigh yourself?



2 people had this to say:

JavaChick said...

I'm going with once a month right now. I find that, even when I'm doing things right, I lose very slowly. It's discouraging to see no change on the scale over and over.

My goal is to lose without making myself crazy. That means it will be slow and the losses will be small. But as long as I'm moving in the right direction, I'll take it!

We're in for the long haul, right? Trying to build habits we can live with for the long term. Hang in there and keep reminding yourself of all the positive changes you are seeing.

Christy said...

You are totally right, we are in this for the long haul, changing my lifestyle, not starving myself to see how much weight I can lose this week. Thank you and good luck to us!