Monday, March 4, 2013

Making the cut

At 1200 calories a day, cheese only very rarely made the cut as what I could eat for the day.





Can I tell you how absolutely delicious these extra 100 calories made when it's on top of already delicious grilled veggies fresh off the BBQ?



And below - behold my first crossfit battle scar!  During the week I had tackled pull-ups and then on the weekend wpart of our buddy cross-fit workout was toes to bars.  Both, obviously, involved hanging from a bar and well, below is what happens when you do that. 

Mental note: take off wedding rings before crossfit from now on.



The two things I was most worried about doing at crossfit were pull-ups and seeing the letters HSPUs on the board (Hand stand push-ups) and last week I encountered both of them. 

Looking back now, as nervous as I was about doing both of these, I am glad I was forced to.  You know how you can build things up in your head to be such big massive deals and once you actually are forced to do it, sure they were both brutally hard, but at least now I know what I am dealing with.

Obviously, I used a resistant band to help do my pull-ups (ha, I even needed our instructor to help me pull the band down far enough to get my foot into it!) but I did them.  Sure, the last couple of the set I was barely getting the top of my head to the bar, but I was moving in and up and down motion, and that's what counts, right? ;)

The toes to bars - my toes made it nowhere near the bars, but I got my knees up to my stomach at least.  And if you have to do this - don't look at the mirror right in front of you, it's not a pretty site :)

I ordered this book and it came in the mail last week, I need to start at the beginning, read through, and start the program.  I'm very excited!





2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

that's awesome. I agree, cheese makes everything wonderful. My salad of choice these days has goats cheese AND candied walnuts on it (with roasted beets). It is so awesome I am salivating just thinking about it and I don't have any today. I'll have to roast those beets tonight.

I have the weight training for women book on request from the library. Hopefully it will come in soon.

Unknown said...

It's so easy to build something up in your head - I so get that. One thing I always try to remember is that we all have to start somewhere - we were all beginners at some point. Good for you for going out there and doing it.

p.s. handstand push ups would scare the crap out of me.