Wednesday, May 29, 2013

It's in you to give

Today marked my 15th donation to Canadian Blood Services.

For some reason I'm having issues searching my blog, but I'm sure most of you know about my sister, who got cancer, TWICE, and beat, it TWICE.  She's now almost 10 years in remission.

I spent many a days and nights by her bed praying to God that if he gave her the strength to fight and win, I would pay back every last drop of blood she used while in the hospital.

I think we decided that I've met that goal, but now I will continue to donate blood for as long as they will accept it. 

And I think you should to.







Plus, they give you COOKIES when you are done!!  Guilt free delicious cookies!

3 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

I should really do this. When I was teen a nurse told me I wasn't a good candidate for giving blood and those words have stuck with me. But I don't know if they are even true anymore. I should try. One of my staff gave his 50th donation last week. Very proud of him.

Mis(s)Mannered Mom said...

I just donated blood before I found out I was horribly anemic.(oops) Once my levels are back in a good place-I'm SO there!

VERY happy to hear about your sister being in remission!

Teresa said...

I keep thinking I need to do this too. Went once with my husband, who ended up having some kind of seizure while doing it and I never had the courage to go back.