Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I used to love when Marie would do her GBU posts.

The radio station I listen to doing the good, the bad and the ugly every morning.

(Ok Ottawa people, I have a serious radio conondrum.  I love the music from 88.5, but love the crew on 89.9 (they make me LAUGH) but I don't love the music - so I constantly switch back and forth.  As soon as the 89.9 music comes on, I switch it to 88.5.  As soon as the song is over on 88.5, I switch it back to 89.9!) 

When I finished my morning workout and was driving home, my feelings just naturally occured as a good, bad ugly scenario.

Good - I got to see the hot crossfitter dude at 6am.  He was in fine form (not only is he nice to look at, but he's a super nice guy)
Bad -I used a recovery drink during my workout and it didn't feel as refreshing as water.  Do I need to bring two bottles now, one of each?
Ugly - My sprinting.  I finished either last or second last on each and every sprint.

** But a twist on the ugly, I realized I enjoy sprinting more than running for longer distances.  Realization fits into my plan to start interval track training I do believe.

*** Also, with fewer people running, it's hard to finish towards the top.  As opposed to when we did sprinting at Soldiers of Fitness, I was tending to finish towards the top half of the group. But there was like 15 people then compared to 5 of us this morning.

I looked at myself this morning and felt old.  I'm 38 - and for the first time this morning, I felt I looked it.



5 people had this to say:

1qtnewf said...

No way! You don't look a day over 32.

For realz yo'.

marie said...

<3 I'll do one next week JUST FOR YOU!

xo

Kataroo said...

i like this GOOD, bad and ugly format :) and ummm you so don't look old...your too cute :)

Teresa said...

You look lovely, stop fretting. Keep up the great work. Have a nice weekend.

Christy said...

Thank you ladies - when I complain on here I am NOT fishing for compliments, just talking out loud. But you ladies know how to make a woman feel wonderful :)

And Marie - I LOVE your GBU - please, do it for me!