Friday, February 14, 2014

Still trying to accept this body.....

It's so funny how a workout can make me feel good or lousy.  This morning it was lousy, becuase the workout included box jumps and I looooaaaaattttthhhhhheeeee box jumps. 

It was only a few months ago that I finally was able to do them after months and months of being chicken-shit.  But, still, before each and every jump I make I have to convince myself to do it, it does not come easy at all, my heart is in my throat each time. And of course today we had to do 12 of them - four times. They just crush my soul, and instead of feeling that "BAM I did them!" all I seem to be able to concentrate on is how much I hate them.

Then getting ready.... (Picture below) I see all my flaws and blame the jumping on my weight and how terrible I am etc...whereas after Wednesday's workout, where I was able to pull off some awesome weight in squats, I felt better about myself.

I really have to work on these feelings and conquer the things that scare me - just keep doing them over and over until that pukey feeling no longer exists.

One day at a time I guess.....



4 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

I totally know why you hate them and you have a good reason to. Hugs sweety, it is hard to recover from a fall like that. You do them, many wouldn't. One jump at a time.

Kataroo said...

I still haven't even done ONE...I'm so scared. YOU CAN DO THEM, that's amazing :) PS Once again I think you look beautiful and fit. I love that you are taking these pics, I hope that you see your beauty too

Kataroo said...

I still haven't even done ONE...I'm so scared. YOU CAN DO THEM, that's amazing :) PS Once again I think you look beautiful and fit. I love that you are taking these pics, I hope that you see your beauty too

Christy said...

Thanks Chantal - that fall at GRC sucked!!

Katie - you are the sweetest person ever, your attitude is infectious and it's rubbing off onto me xo