Thursday, February 13, 2014

First run in almost 2 years?

I'm totally losing track of time

(there was this one time I was driving home with my gym partner and told her how I wanted to do the Tremblant 70.3 triathlon the year I turned 40, and would start training the year before.  So she said - so that's this year right? I said no, I'm only 38.  She said yes, now you are, but you turn 39 so next year you are 40.  Then I went on to yell at her telling her she just lost me a year of my life)

Anyways, I digress. The last time I really ran, was the 1/2 marathon in 2012. I think I've done a bit of running here and there, but nothing serious.  Last summer I tried to get back into it by doing a few track workouts, but that wasn't enjoyable for too long.

So now - I haven't run YET, but I've made plans with this girl from my gym who works near me.  Now, I'm sure I have talked before about the fact that I'm shy, hard to get out of my comfort zone especially around people who I don't really know.  This girl is SUPER NICE, but she's like 15 years younger than me, half my size and doing 13 spartan races this summer....you get the picture.  She could literally walk faster than I can.

But we've made a date, we are doing it.  I really want to get more cardio going on in my life and I know myself, if I have someone waiting for me - it's the only way to get my arse out of this chair at lunch time and get moving.

Wish me luck!

Edited to add: I just sent her an invitation for our email calendars and called it "The run in which the much younger one kicks the older one's ass".  Ha, love that I can even laugh at myself :)

2 people had this to say:

Amy said...

You are cheating on me.

Kataroo said...

Love the post script :) LOL