Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Body Acceptance

I have very little of this. 

The other day, Katie said "“Celebrate what your body CAN DO. And forget what it LOOKS like.” which she quoted from -Swim Bike Mom

And yes - this is what I need to do.  I need to focus on what it can DO, not on what it looks like.  

On the same note, I don't want to ignore my body (Not saying that's what the quote is telling us to do), I want to be able to look at different parts of my body and appreciate them.

This morning at the gym, I did 3 back squats at 195lbs.  The same weight as the men in the class.

And these big thick legs are what allowed me to do that. .  If I want to be proud of my squat weight, I have to be proud of my legs.


Again - don't mind the messy room






5 people had this to say:

1qtnewf said...

You have beautiful legs. Powerful, strong, and not to sound creepy - but still soft.

Own it girly! They're like Laila Ali's legs. And she is awesome.

Teresa said...

You look fit! I agree 100% with above comment "Own it girly!"

Kataroo said...

HOT HOT HOT!!!! OMG not only legs...but calves, and girl your BOOTY is HOT TOO....and my jaw dropped when you said how much you back squatted! the strength you have is mind blowing...your body did that!!! YOURS!

Chantal said...

seriously sexy legs woman!

Amy said...

Even though I'm mad at you for cheating your ass and legs are delicious.