Saturday, August 11, 2007

Very very sad

My running injury is NOT getting better. Today was the first day it hurt too much to run. I went for a 6K walk instead, but it makes me sad. I've been reading up on running injuries, and I haven't been icing it so I'm starting to do that today, and as much as it pains me to do so, I'm going to take the week of running. I'll walk every day, for a substantial amount of time, but I won't run. I can't risk this being a permanent injury which will force me to retire from running.

I'm sad because running is what keeps me in check. It's the one work-out that I really enjoy. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel strong. Without it, I'm lost. Honestly.

So I know there are people out there with worse injuries/sicknesses/diseases then I have, but I'm going to be selfish and pray for myself. Pray that this darn pain goes away and I can get back to running.

:(

5 people had this to say:

Amy said...

Heya lady.... what kinda injury are you suffering from?

I have a couple people I could refer you to if you're looking for a RMT, ART or chiro.

Christy said...

I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it's a muscle (or something) on the back of my knee. Like right behind my knee I guess. It starts there and goes up a little bit. I've been running through it for about a week or so but today I just couldn't, it was too painful.

Oh - that would be AWESOME. I'm not prepared to write off running because of it.

You're the best!

desajair said...

Ya, definitely get it checked out--and hopefully its fixable. And hopefully the break will help it to heal too.

What a bummer--I totally feel for you! But chin up chicky, it will heal and then you'll be flying again. 8)

Kristen said...

I've got my fingers crossed that it gets better, sounds like you have a good plan of attack...just don't walk too much :).

Marathon Someday said...

I wrote you a comment, but it disappeared?:-(

I hope that you're better in NO time!!! You'll be back at it with a vengeance, I just know it!