Sunday, September 16, 2007

A bit of a whoooopsies!

Last night the girls went out. We went to Vittoria Trattoria for dinner. I had a caesar salad, cheese tortellini with a gorgonzola sauce and creme brulee. I also had 3 small pieces of baguette with butter. It was the most I've eaten at one sitting in about 9 weeks. But I enjoyed it. It was more about the company, the laughter, the tears, the conversation, and the major realization that everyone needs girlfriends. Sometimes life catches up with us, we don't see each other as often, we get together as families so the kids get together and we all get along so well, but we still need just plain old girlfriend time. I can talk to them about anything that's going on with me. Jeff is my best friend in the world, but I still need my girls. We chatted about cooking, exchanged a few easy recipes, about the working world, sex, raising kids, exercising, our parents, our inlaws, our siblings... just about everything. And I always feel so much happier after a night out with them. I'm encouraged about expanding my cooking abilities, trying new things and experimenting (esp new soups!), I'm excited about going back to work and really focussing on getting a job that I love (my current job is too solo I don't work on enough teams, committees and so on... I love people and I love working with people, must fix that) and just over all excited about so many more things about life then I was yesterday. Yes, I definitely love my girlfriends. We have now set Tuesday nights aside, for the girls. We are going to meet at Starbucks (we didn't want to make it about eating out all the time, for money reasons and for the pure and simple fact that we are always at home eating with our families and we just need to get out and talk!) at 7pm and the doors are always open for more girls. I'm excited. Can you tell? I made this whole post one paragraph.

So perhaps my food intake wasn't the best, but I came back with a full happy loving soul and I'm ready to take on a new week, a new month... and anything that comes my way.

2 people had this to say:

Mona said...

Love the new look of your blog, my friend!

Way to go on another great weigh-in this week...woo hoo! Don't fret about your knee too much - I know it'll take care of itself. Bootcamp will definitely help!

I loved this post It made me realize how long it's been since I've been out for a good yak with my friends. Having a baby has taken my life over, and I don't get out nearly as much as I should. You're right - it's SO good for the soul.

Kristen said...

I hear ya Christy. I don't have any kids yet, but "life" still gets in the way of a night out with the girls. Working and keeping the house semi-neat is enough lol...

My Tues/Thurs swimming with my good friend is my "me" time right now, but that's getting harder to maintain with all the wedding stuff sneaking up on me...