Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Stress - then no stress

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things to make a turkey sweet potato chili, and I saw a few women walking into the grocery store with their gym bags, going to work out. For a second, I thought "Gosh, I should be working out too, I should look at the child care schedule and blah blah blah". Then, it dawned on me "I don't have my gym pass anymore", and I felt immediately relieved. Instead, I took Carson out for a nice long walk!

I LOVE the Food Network now. I'm obsessed. I never used to enjoy cooking, but now I love experimenting, trying new things, trying new foods.. basically spicing up our food and I gotta tell you, it makes eating healthy way more fun. Sometimes I tune in, and then immediately turn it off because they are making something that I just wouldn't ever do (too many crazy ingredients, fancy appliances, or just insanely NOT healthy), but most times I love watching them prepare foods. I love seeing the way they chop, cut, peel, wash, I find it helps me in the kitchen. I just like seeing what types of foods they put together, how they change up a simple thing and make it something wonderful!

I made a delish butternut squash soup yesterday. I love soups. They are so easy, and so great to have in the freezer for days I don't have time to make lunch, or super cold days, or days I don't have alot of points to spare. Jamie Oliver is awesome! His recipes are super easy, most of the time I have the majority of the ingredients (except the main one) and he's cute - to boot.

1 people had this to say:

Kristen said...

I love soups too :). I love taking leftovers to work; I feel more satisfied with a homemade lunch.

That chili sounds good, I might have to try it!