Friday, September 14, 2007

Nay and Yay

So I've been out running twice this week and the second time my knee started to hurt again. Which sucked. Big time. I tried to go out a third time but I was in too much pain to run so we went on a 5K walk instead.

I came home and I was upset. I was mad, sad, angry, frusterated etc... It may seem like I'm being a drama queen, but I love running. I don't really enjoy other forms of exercise (except Greco Lean and Fit, and most likely the bootcamp I'm starting next month) but running is the one thing I love to do that's good for me (so many people will say that it's not good for you, hard on your joints/knees and so on). So to think that my running career may be over makes me feel all those emotions. I'm going to keep trying but I don't want to screw up my knee bad enough that it hurts to do anything. Amy gave me the name of a good chiro and RMT so I think I'll call and make an appt and figure out what's wrong (I know, it took me long enough!)

I was also worried that I wouldn't be able to do bootcamp becaue the questionnaire asks how fast you can run. So I e-mailed the instructor, explained my situation and asked his opinion. He said there's only a bit of running in between stations, but if I take it at my own speed I should be OK. He said they do lots of knee strengthening exercises and says lots of women with previous knee injuries find they disappear after the bootcamp. So I'm very very very happy about that and really looking forward to running.

I gave my gym membership to a friend of mine. I wasn't using it that much, and have come to realize that I need to have exciting classes for me to enjoy working out. I liked Goodlife good enough, but I didn't find the classes that great, it was kind of boring and I felt I was dragging my ass there all the time. I think I'll just sign up for bootcamp classes, Lean and Fit, and go to all different kinds of classes instead of the gym. So Kerri is keeping my membership for at least 6 months and then we will re-evaluate what we want to do. It is a win-win situation, I don't have to give up my membership (if I want to re-join I don't have to pay the crazy admin fees) and she pays a pretty good price on a month to month basis (my membership is 14 every two weeks) - so it really works out for us.

0 people had this to say: