Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tuesday's Eats and WI!

So for the exciting stuff - I'm down 2.4 lbs. I'm right now the same weight I was when I originally joined WW. I had lost quite a bit on my own and needed some extra help. I was 167.0. It's somewhat sad that I'm here once again, but encouraging because I know I've done it before. And my goal weight isn't what it was before, I'm a tad more realistic this time around. I'd love to get to 150 (scratch that, I WILL get to 150) but 145 would be ideal. I just don't want the end goal to feel to be out of my reach, which is why I'm mentally going for 150.

Breakfast:
Cereal (3)
Milk (2)
Lunch:
Couscous salad (6)
Carrots (1)
Dinner:
Pork tenderloin (6)
Zucchini on the grill (1)
Salad (2)

21/24
Flex: 30/35

Now for a new week! I am starting to get a little anxious about going back to work. I'm quite looking forward to it, well, the getting back to my life part of it, but definitely not the time management part of it. I do so much in one day, that I have no idea how I will fit an 8 hour work day into it! As I could feel myself getting a little overwhelmed, I was happy to see the new Kraft magazine in the mail last night. And the caption on the front? "GET ORGANIZED". It had many clever ways to keep organized regarding food. It all made perfect sense to me and I'm going to start trying it in the coming weeks. Right now I'm at home, so I can think about what to make for dinner and then take it out of the freezer, or go to the store, marinade it in the morning, cut up things while Carson's sleeping etc... but it's going to be a whole different ball game when I go back to work. So I will have to be more efficient. I think the biggest thing will be doing one grocery shopping a week. This never worked for us in the past because no matter what we planned for the week, something always happened. Someone invited us over, we went out and were home late so we would pick something up... you know how it goes. Well now, since Carson, things are very different so planning our meals for the week WILL work this time around. I'm so nerdy and love getting organized and saw the perfect day/week planner at Costco. It was big enough to write down what I need to do each day, including housework, groceries, meals etc.... Lisa and I are headed to Costco tonight so I think I'll pick it up.

I was GOING to go back to work January 1st, but a few things have changed. Most importantly, I feel like it's time for me to go back. We also are planning on most likely buying a new house in the spring, so taking a month off unpaid isn't a good decision :)

2 people had this to say:

Anne said...

Congrats on your loss, that's awesome. Don't be sad, like you said, you WILL get to goal :)
I know you can do it.

Kristen said...

Yahoo! I need a couple losses like that lol.

I love that you're looking forward to going back to work; I know you'll find that elusive work/life balance :).