Thursday, September 27, 2007

I have to write it down

I'm heading out to dinner tonight with some girlfriends (we all used to work together and have since all left the company and have headed in different directions but still try to get together every once in a while) and we are going to Lone Star. I'm not freaking out like I used to when I was "on a diet" because I wouldn't be able to control what I would eat. But now, I'll just make the healthiest choice that I can.

I know I've been losing each week and have been doing really well (22 lbs in 10 weeks, I'll take it!) but I'm going to try and kick it into high gear and make sure I keep losing. Yes, I have been tracking points every day but I think I am getting a little lazy with making sure my portions are in check. Yesterday I know full well my bowl of Raisin Bran was bigger than 1 cup.

I can't WAIT to go shopping. I'm really hoping that I'm back into my size 8. When I originally lost all my weight I made it down to a size 6 (and 4 in some clothes) but I wasn't eating much and working out like a mad woman. Now that definitely will not be me. FIrst off, I have much more important things to do then spend 2 hours a day, 7 days a week working out. I'm planning on keeping up an exercise routine of 1 hour a day 3 days a week. I think that's manageable. I don't want to make crazy unrealistic goals and then feel like I've failed. So if I make realistic goals and make them, I'll feel good. I know, my mind works in crazy ways :) So back to my original points - I will be happy in a size 8. If I can keep up a size 8 for the rest of my life, I promise myself that I will be happy. Now watch as soon as I get down to a size 8 I'll get pregnant again... we are thinking about it, and I found out I only have to be back at work for 6 months..... ;)

3 people had this to say:

Cory said...

I like your idea on your goals. There's no reason to make crazy goals you won't ever meet. As long as it makes you stretch just a little, it's good! Keep up the good work.

Carolyn said...

Good luck at dinner with the girls!
You are doing such a great job! Keep it up. Making realistic goals is really the best way to set yourself up for success.

Kristen said...

Realistic is key; if you run yourself ragged, you won't be very likely to keep up with ANY kind of routine.

Have fun tonight!