Saturday, October 13, 2007

Quick Shopping Trip

This morning I headed out nice and early to hit up Reitman's for a pair of pants. I was out last night and saw a girlfriend of mine who had on the cutest pair of pants, and knowing that she wouldn't ever spend more then 30 dollars on a pair of pants, I asked her where she got them. She said Reitman's, and just recently. So I went out there this morning not really expecting much. Keep in mind the last time I really went shopping was before I got pregnant with Carson. So, two winters ago! I always thought Reitman's was tacky, cheap and icky. But wowsers. The stuff there. It was awesome! I wasn't thrilled with the pants, but I found a pair of thin cords that will do the job for before I have to go back to work. But the shirts! Awesome! My new job is very business casual, but I always tend to lean a little more towards business then casual. But ix-nay on suits. I always feel like I'm wearing my mom's clothes. I haven't really grown into my age clothes-wise I guess. Anyways I probably tried on 9 different tops and I could have easily bought each and every one. And the most expensive one was $30! But I didn't. I still have 10 lbs to lose and I really really plan on making my goal, so there's no point to spending money on clothes now. But I was SO impressed with their tops! Cute, dressy, gorgeus colours, and just exactly what I need. So now I'll have to work Reitman's into my regular shopping route.

Is it so wrong of me to want to look good in sweater dresses? I was at Winners on Tuesday and they have the cutest long sweaters... some with empire waists and some you could wear with tights or leggings. I found this beautiful long sweater with houndstooth collar, and edges. I can't wait to start buying these things. Does anyone shop at RW & Co? I was in there just when I found out when I was pregnant and thought there was some nice stuff, but haven't been back yet. I think the only location here in Ottawa is downtown which I honestly don't get to too often, but if it's worth the trip I'll go.

And I stopped by Tweed and Hickory (nice stuff, but either too old or too young for me, and expensive!) and bought the cutest lunch bag for back to work :) Except mine is black.

I'm soooooooooo excited for my shopping trip to the States. I really like how I looked in all those clothes today! And I'm excited for starting to dress up again for when I go back to work. I was just telling a friend that I remember before I left on mat leave I was so looking forward to wearing comfy lounge clothes for a year, and now I'm just as excited to start dressing up again!

0 people had this to say: