Friday, October 26, 2007

The scale is pure evil

Because it says I've gained 8 lbs since last Wednesday. 8 lbs in 8 days? Not possible! If I ate McDonalds every day for a week - then I could understand. But I had two days of poor eating (and like I've said, I have done WAY worse in the past) and now the scale is being evil. But it's scared me back on track. I've done bootcamp this morning, drank 2L of water already, spaghetti squash is in the oven for lunch and the fridge is stocked with healthy foods.

I'm not pulling out of the Xmas challenge although I may be MIA in terms of my WI's until the week after bootcamp. I can't weigh myself until then, it just gets me angry and when I get angry I tend to eat anything in front of me. So now, out of sight - out of mind!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

It's most likely just water weight. Whenever I have a few bad says it always seems to go up about 5 lbs or so. Evil thing, I know. Dont' worry about the Christmas Challenge, we'll put you on sabbatical until you can come back. No worries!

Have a great weekend!

Randi said...

You're right, you can't gain 8 lbs of fat in 8 days. It's water, or it's part muscle, or it's just other weird bodily issues. But it's not fat. Don't freak out. Do what you're supposed to be doing. It may take awhile, but the scale eventually will do as he's told.

Malinda said...

muscle weighs more then fat .period. you can't beat yourself up for a couple days poor eating and working out. focus more on how good you're feelin' then what the damn scale says! weekly weigh-ins at this point might just hold you back, put the scale away for a month and take a peak later, much later. what about inches lost? a much better gage to follow, I lost 13 inches and only 2 lbs once when I was being very very good.

my 2 cents