Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Tomorrow is bizzzyyyy

Bootcamp (5:30)
Job interview (2 pm)
Daycare interview (5:30)

Thankfully my mom has offered to take Carson for the majority of tomorrow. After bootcamp, I'll come home - pack up Carson, my stuff for the interview, and head to my mom's. When Carson goes down for his nap I'm going to go to the library and prepare for this interview (I've been studying like a mad woman!). Then I'll go back to my mom's for his lunch (and mine!) and then I'll head off to my interview at the same time he goes down for his afternoon nap.

I'm nervous about this interview. I want this job so badly. It originally started off as a meeting. Then with each subsequent e-mail contained more and more information about the knowledge required, skills and abilities, personal suitability, number of questions on each subject, etc. etc. So it's much more formal then it initially sounded. Which is fine, but I was mentally prepared for something informal. But I've read, studied, prepared and think I'll be OK. I just get really nervous. I have the mind set that the job is mine, that they want ME, not me needing the job. I know it all comes down to my confidence level, which is not always the highest. It's getting better, and it's not like I feel I don't deserve things, or I'm not worthy, I just second guess myself when answering questions and I'm shy. So maybe it isn't all my confidence. In the right environment, when I feel comfortable, I'm at my best. In new environments I definitely don't thrive. Anyways, hopefully I will know at the end of my interview whether the position is mine or not. I haven't even talked to my boss about going back yet. I had been meaning to, but then when this interview came up, I delayed talking to him. I have given myself the deadline of November 1st. I have to get in touch with him by then to let him know one way or another if I'm going back or not. It would be great to know if I have the position or not, because then they could just extend the contract for the person they have covering for me while on mat leave right now.

Anyways, any extra "yay job interview" vibes that could be sent my way tomorrow in between 2 and 4 would be AWESOME.

Thanks ya!

5 people had this to say:

Angela Power said...

Hi there! I just wanted to leave you a note and congratulate you on your success! I found you through another blog...somewhere out there in blogshere!

Kristen said...

You'll do awesome, think of how much more confident you'll feel going into that interview tomorrw...20+ pounds lighter.

You sound like you're prepared for it, so good luck!!

Amy said...

Good luck today hotstuff.

Today was friggin awesome eh?

Carolyn said...

Good luck!! I'll be sending extra "The Job is Yours" vibes!!

Can't wait to hear all about it! I hate interviews, they always make me sweaty and nervous!

desajair said...

Good luck!!! I hope it goes super well!