Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Everything happens for a reason...

Good thing I bought boots today. People were busy, so only Kaethe and I headed out for a quick latte tonight (actually it was a vanilla steamer, half the sugar and skim milk) and I walked her home (about a 2K walk) and then I walked back home (so 4 in total!). If you're in Ottawa, you would know it's pretty white out there tonight. I looked like the abominal snowman when I came into the house.

After I dropped Kaethe off, I put my ipod on, the snow was falling, I was toasty warm and I remembered how much I used to love running on these winter snowy nights. I would get so bundled up, throw on my shoes and put music on. I would go out for a few minutes or an hour, depending on how I felt and I don't know if it was actually the running in the snow that made me so giddy afterwards or simply knowing that I had braved the weather and done it, but whatever it was... I would have a perma smile afterwards (or was my face just frozen?). There's absolutely nothing stopping me from running at night, Carson is in bed by 6:30 and I don't go to bed till 9...I just have to do it once and then I will be hooked.

Wish me luck to get out there one night!

2 people had this to say:

Tigerlilly said...

You are kicking butte girly!! But I think you may have a few screws loose if you enjoy running in the freezing cold snow.. LOL. Good luck anyway.. if your anything like me it doesnt matter, as long as your running your happy!!

desajair said...

Oh gads, now i'm craving a vanilla bean steamer from Second Cup. Oh wait, are those to die for Gingerbread Lattes back???? Oh gads...

Running in the snow--I'd break my ankle. 8) But have fun! Its weather like this that makes me glad to have a treadmill. I LOVE walking out there though. Or being out there at all. I even enjoy cleaning off my driveway! Ya, I'm that nuts.