Friday, November 2, 2007

In one month...

I will be back at work. Being at home gives me the time to prepare my meals and plan ahead daily. During the morning I can think about dinner and take something out of the freezer, go to the grocery store, etc... but once I'm back at work that will stop. Jeff and I will be more religious about planning our week, so the dinners I won't be too concerned about. This is more about breakfast and lunch. Today I'm focussing on breakfasts. I'm going to be making a list of ideas for both breakfast and lunch so a) I don't stress about what I'm going to eat b) I don't get bored with the same thing day in and day out c) it will help me with grocery shopping d) it will make my life easy.

So - these are the few different breakfasts that I rotate between

Raisin Bran with milk (I love my RB) 5 points
Breakfast Pita cut in half with 1 tbsp almond butter and an apple cut up on top (YUM) 5 points
Eggo Waffle (low-fat blueberry, the lowest point one that I've seen) with 1/2 cup cottage cheese and cut up fruit (4)
Cottage cheese with pineapple (3) and an english muffin (2)

That's about it. It's pretty boring, but I love each and every one of those breakfasts. The fresh fruit is not always on hand (well, the fruit that's good on top of the cottage cheese). Marie - have you ever tried using the frozen fruit on top? How is it? What other kind of fruit do you use?

The first two are going to be easy to bring to work, but I'm hoping you creative ladies out there have some more ideas on what a working mom can bring to work?

Thank you! Next week I will focus on lunches and will be calling upon you again.

2 people had this to say:

Courtney said...

try the 99% FF eggo waffles. They are only 1 point a piece if you eat just one, and aren't many more points to have 2 or 3.

Girl from Pennsylvania said...

I buy the 100 calorie multigrain english muffins. They are one point and top them with whatever I want. I also buy kashi vive cereal and baggie it out with a some craisins, raisins or blueberries. I eat it dry to save points, but there is tons of fiber to fill you up. I also buy low sugar oatmeal and just use a mug and add water to heat it up. 2 points. Mmm. I love breakfast