Sunday, November 4, 2007

Yay me

Mmmmmm the weekend. Yesterday I ate 11 flex points, my super husband brought me home an ice cream drumstick as a surprise to eat while we were watching a movie (the FIRST movie we've watched since we had Carson!). Sure I fell asleep, but that's besides the point. It was good, especially when it was unexpected. And I had all my flex points, so it was PERFECT.

This morning we were having a family breakfast so I ate cottage cheese and pineapple before everyone was over so I wouldn't be ravenous heading into a breakfast where I knew there would be muffins, donuts, crepes, pastries and all those tasty things. I had 1/4 of a piece of the quiche and this ham/cheese/egg pie thing, 1 small white donut (you know, the grocery store kind, I love them), and two bites of a croissant. I haven't added the points yet. But then I didn't eat lunch, so it's OK. Jeff is making his famous chili for dinner so I'm completely on track.

And this afternoon it was so beautiful outside that I went out for a run. I talked a while ago about being able to run without worrying about my time, distance or training schedule and today was the first time (I think) that I've run since I stopped training for the half marathon and it was exactly how I thought. It was awesome. I ran at a pace I felt great at. I ran until i didn't feel like running anymore (I'm figuring around 8K). And, my knee didn't hurt. Yippee.

I'm changing my WI's back to Wednesday, that worked best for me. I think I'm holding out on joining the Lean and Fit program until I go back to work. I just really need to see what that routine is like before I add anything else. So in the meantime I will just keep running, doing push-ups and sit-ups and the free weights I have at home. I won't let all my hard work from bootcamp be wasted.

5 people had this to say:

Kristen said...

Yay for you! I always fall asleep during movies too, unless it's something I really want to watch.

Glad you were able to get out for a run, even better that it was pain free :).

Marathon Someday said...

Woo hoo on the run, and that your knee was good! Bootcamp must have done it wonders.

Running in the Fall is just fabulous, isn't it? I went for a LONG walk yesterday with the baby, admiring the leaves and the crisp air...

Keep up the great work!!

Unknown said...

Christy, your progress is fantastic! I love reading your blog and I can't wait until you post your WIs on Wednesdays so I can see you get closer and closer to goal. You are sooo motivating! :)

- Jaanni88

Carolyn said...

Mmm Drunsticks...what a pleasant surprise!
And GREAT job on limiting yourself on the faily breakfast. That is the hardest meal for me!! Everything is just so darn yummy!

Cory said...

Not a bad idea to wait until you start back to work to start that program. It can be hard to adjust things like that once your schedule changes.