Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 3 and going strong

It's a tad annoying that a few months ago (when I lost 33 lbs in 22 weeks), I went through the days without having cravings, and it was easy to stay on plan. Stupid Christmas. It's amazing how easy is to get caught up in it all and forget what you've tried so hard to remember!

Anyways, yesterday was great. Clementines are my saviour. Carson and I shared 3 for a snack when we got home from work/daycare.

I'm getting my gym membership back and I'm quite excited about that. My girlfriend that I lent it to wasn't really using it, and she has a new house come March so money is stretched a little thin for her in the first place, so I'm going to take it back. I figure going one night a week is better than none. I'm just like Sonya (I swear we are long lost sisters or something) and I feel that if I can't give it my 100% and be there 5 times a week then why even bother? It's the whole overacheiver syndrome. But really, going once is better then not going at all. And I know myself, if I start going one night a week that will easily turn into two because I love the way I feel when I'm exercising. Having a kid certainly changes the whole gym aspect, but my gym is 5 minutes away and Carson goes to bed at 7, so I have no excuse. We eat supper early (Carson's hungry around 4:30, so we eat as a family anywhere between 4:30 and 5:30), I make my lunch while I'm making dinner and it takes me like 10 minutes to clean the house after he goes to bed. So I easily have time.

I'm wondering how Carolyn did yesterday...

3 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

Yesterday was great darlin! One day under my belt and I feel sooo much better. I ate all my 22 points. Got in lots of fruit and veggies and dairy. And even though it was storming out in these parts, I hit the gym for 10 min cardio warm up and a 45 min Body Sculpt class!
I was a little tempted for some chocolate covered almonds in the afternoon at work (they were laying around) but instead I had some 100 calorie popcorn to squash the "munchie" craving.
You going to the gym today?

Christy said...

I haven't gotten my pass back yet, but I should have it tomorrow or at the very least by the weekend.

BUT - my girlfriends and I go out for coffee (me, tea) every Tuesday night and I walk to meet them (3K) and then walk them home (another 3K) so at least I'll get that in.

SO happy to hear that yesterday went well! I picked up some 100cal popcorn last night :)

Marathon Someday said...

Hey hon (a.k.a. soul sister),

Great work yesterday! Clementines are amazing, aren't they? Like candy, but they're not. I think I ate three crates of them between November / December. I miss them, actually.

Keep it up!!!!