Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fun, but could be trouble.

So, my girlfriends and I often talk about how we want to improve our cooking skills. Because most of us have kids - we really enjoy entertaining at home instead of going out to restaurants. And having company is one of the best ways to try a new recipe (at least I think it is) and a chance to make something a little more over the top then you would for just yourself or you and your husband.

We've started a group (Dinner Diva's or something like that, I can't remember, it was decided on over a couple glasses of wine) and the first Friday of every second month we are going to have a potluck with a twist to it. Each month we'll have a new country theme. We are starting off with India and so I'm making this.

How frigging delish does that look? There are about 20 girls who have accepted the invitation so far (which reminds me to check facebook to see if anyone else is coming!)

4 people had this to say:

Kate said...

What a fun idea that sounds like!

Carolyn said...

What a great idea! I love it. I'm already thinking about who to invite to my potluck/girls night! It's a great way to try new recipes!

Thanks for the idea!

Anne said...

Great idea, I'm sure you'll have a blast!

desajair said...

What a great idea! Have fun!