Monday, January 7, 2008

Here I go again...

Ok, so yesterday is over and today starts now.

Meal plan is done, Jeff is doing the groceries today and all is well in my world.

The scale isn't exact the evil bitch it was a few weeks ago but if I don't start now.... well, we know what will happen.

Looks like we are going away the end of February to the sunny South (yay!) so that's my "goal". I'll need to fit into my summer clothes from 3 years ago (2 years ago I was pregnant and last summer I was just plain fat) so most things are a size 6 or 8. I have no hopes of fitting into anything that has a 6 in it... and an 8 is within reason. I was wearing 8 right before Christmas and now am a comfortable 10, so with almost two months under my belt I should be good.

I found that writing down my daily menu helped so here goes:

Raisin Brain + milk - 5
Yogurt - 2
Vegetarian chili - 3
Yogurt - 2
Cherries - 1
Chicken abodo (from new recipe book!) - 9

Total: 22

4 people had this to say:

desajair said...

Sometimes we think alike--its scary! I decided to "start again" with Friday morning WI's last friday... I too took a bit of a break over xmas and need to get back into it. Yikes--2 weeks until I start work!

A sunny vacation! Awesome!

Kate said...

I find it helps so much to have a plan of attack, I think menu planning is the best tool in the battle of the fat!

Good job getting on plan again, and I'm sure the scale will stop being an evil bitch (at least a little bit!)by friday!

Carolyn said...

Glad to hear you are back on track! I was keeping my fingers crossed for you over the weekend. I did pretty good but I did use all of my 35 flex points so I was able to treat myself without feeling guilty. That's what they are there for right?

This weekend was also the first weekend since October that we didn't have anything planned so that helped out quite a bit. January is starting to fill up with events though so I'll have to do some planning.

We can do this. Just keep your goal in mind! You want to look great when you go down south (you already look great but you want to feel great too!)

Anne said...

Oh! Lucky you, bring me south with you! hahaa!
I have no doubt that you will fit into your summer clothes, when you're in the zone, you are in the zone.