Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Quickly...

1 - I went out for coffee with teh girls last night, got a vanilla steamer with fat free syrup and skim milk. It was delicious! This coffee place kicks Starbucks in the ass. We went to Starbucks one Tuesday night instead of our little neighbourhood coffee place and the drinks were disgusting!

2 - I bought a chocolate brownie square thing last night, asked for 4 forks and we all shared it. I wasn't craving more afterwards and the little bites I had (maybe adding to one normal size bite) was the perfect amount!

3 - I ran home (it's not far) and even though it was a nice night, I decided I didn't like running at night, in the cold. The gym will do just fine. And I used to LOVE running in the winter. I'm getting old.

4 - I LOVE Amy's new hair

5 - I have tomorrow off!

6 - I'm wearing size 8 pants today. Sure they are from the Gap, and we all know their sizing is totally wonky, but they are a size 8!

7 - The ladies that read my blog are fantastic. I find inspiration in all of you, and without your blogs to read I would feel alone in this journey, and your comments mean the world to me and let me know I'm doing the right thing.

8 - I realize that working till 5 sucks. I work till 3:30 but yesterday had to stay late to have this emergency meeting with the FDA and by the time I got home, I only had an hour left with my little booger before he had to go to bed (check out his bedtime pictures here). I'm very lucky to be able to work the hours that I do.

9 - I got rave reviews from the Director of the Bureau that I service (who actually tried to get me to work directly for him!), the manager of the bureau that I service and my manager! I have to meet with my manager today to discuss my goals, expectations from this job, and all that stuff, and I'm totally prepared for the meeting and looking forward to it.

10 - This weekend is packed. Lisa's potluck dinner on Friday, a surprise party for a good friend on Saturday, superbowl on Sunday!

2 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

YAY for the size 8! That is awesome!

Congrats on the job front, sounds like you are totally kicking as and taking names at your new job!

tough weekend ahead of you. I'll be sending lots of good skinny vibes your way!

Kristen said...

lots of good things in this post- it's nice that you can have something yummy withought being plauged by guilt after.

The job front sounds great too; I'm so happy for you :).