Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wheeeee

It feels SO good to be back in the groove of things. It's absolutely amazing what the gym does for my mental health! All day yesterday I knew I was going to the gym, and it was going to be the first time after a full work day, and after Carson went to bed. Normally I'm pretty beat come 7pm (isn't that sad?) but I was all psyched up to go.

Then Jeff decided to take his laptop back (there was a dot on his screen and it was the 14th day of the 14 day return policy). So it threw a little wrench into my plans, but it didn't phase me too much, I just knew I would have to make it up sometime during the week. So I started making my lunch for the next day, got my cozy clothes on, threw in a laundry, then found out Jeff was taking the laptop back TODAY... so instead of giving in and just staying in... I went upstairs immediately and got into my gym clothes and went to the gym.

Now get this - I have to remember how easy it is for me to go next time I think it's going to take too long - I left the house at 7:14 and was home by 8:31 and I did a full 60 minutes of cardio. That's how close the gym is, I just get there, do my workout, quickly towel off, leave my gym clothes on, go home and shower.... so I never should use the excuse that it takes too long.

I feel skinnier when I'm working out. My skin feels better. My hair feels softer. My clothes fit better. I feel happier. I feel like I can do anything. I feel smarter. I feel more organized. I feel proud. I have more energy. It makes me want to eat well.

Remind me again why I stop going to the gym?

5 people had this to say:

Unknown said...

That's exactly how I feel when I go to the gym! Isn't it great? I've been going consistently since I restarted WW back on January 5th, and I can't believe how good I feel! It's awesome! :0) I'm glad you feel great too! Good for you!

Carolyn said...

So glad to read up on your weekend. I made the mistake of letting a bad Friday night turn into a bad Saturday AND Sunday!

But today is a new week and here I am! Back on track and getting to the gym! I'm so excited for you that you are going back to the gym! That is great! And getting out of your comfy clothes to go to the gym...that is BIG!

JavaChick said...

Good for you! I just have to get myself up off the couch and down to the basement to work out, and sometimes that still seems like a lot of effort. But you are right - I feel so much better when I do it. It's definitely worth it.

Julie said...

Woohoo Christy! Awesome! You literally have given me the urge to work out, and let me tell you, thats a feat in itself. off i go for somm "gymbo" (as amy would say)

Kristen said...

60 minutes of cardio is amazing, good for you! I know allll about the comfy clothes, but definitely agree with you that it just feels better when you get your exercise in.

keep it up :).