Monday, February 25, 2008

Quick Question...

I'm planning on shopping when we're in the States. Big surprise eh? Anyways, I've never had to dress nicely for work before. Last year I was pregnant, and the summers before that I was at my old job which was tres cas, I wore jeans and flip flops!

So, what the heck do you wear during the summer? I'm not a huge skirt person, so can I wear capris? To work? I know some people are dead set against capris, but if I buy nice ones - like with cuffs and dressy ones (not khakis or jeans or cargos...), can I wear them? And sandals? Is it kosher to wear open toed sandals at work? I work for the gov't people (so I'm looking at you Anne, Amy & Tarrah), so I have to figure out what the heck I will be wearing this summer!

5 people had this to say:

Amy said...

Hey hottie...

Well, since I work for the cops dress code is strictly enforced at my office. Every year a bulletin is sent out, which lays out the dress code.

Dressy capris were just allowed in my office starting last summer... so I bought a ton of them!! And I always tend to wear them with ethier heels or dressy sandals. I'm a huge sandal fan, and always wear them to work. Just not flip flops, because 1) they're too casual 2) I hate the sound of them!!

On top, I never wear sleevless to work... usually just cute blouses.

Another thing I've become a fan of is sundresses paired with a little sweater. My office is always freezing, so the sweater is usually necessary for both warmth and coverage!

Have fun shopping baby cakes!

Carolyn said...

I work for the Dept of Social Development (used to be Family and Community Services until we changed our name) and there wasn't a day that went by that I didn't wear sandals last summer. I'm not a capris person sicne my legs are way too short and the look funny but everyone here wore them. I've worn sleeveless too on super hot days and it's never a problem.

Have fun shopping!! I'm so jealous!

desajair said...

Hmm, I don't wear capris myself, but I don't see why you couldn't. I also can't wear open-toed anything here being a lab/shop, but again, I don't know why you couldn't as long as they weren't flip-floppy.

I wear the same as in winter, only lighter. Same dress pants, my boots are the same, only not lined and sometimes I'll switch my boots for flats. And same shirts, but more sweaters 'cause it gets COLD in here in the summer.

Marathon Someday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FatMom said...

Well, I suppose it depends on where you work. I work in education at an elementary school, where it seems (at most schools), either the teachers and staff dress well, or they dress as if they're going to the grocery store on a Saturday morning. I dress more nicely...in the warmer weather, I wear sleeveless shirt dresses, lots of cotton shirts, skirts and long capris. Sandals are fine, but not flip flops.
Where are you visiting us here in the gool ole US of A? Wishing you well~