Thursday, April 17, 2008

Leaving this post

Simply to remind myself of how GOOD I feel after taking a 30 minute power walk at lunch time. It's beautiful outside! I met my sister and there's a really nice route along the Ottawa river. Super awesome.

BUT - now someone has to invent something I can put in my hair afterwards so it doesn't feel sweaty. Actually my whole body now is warm and I can feel my shirt sticking (we walked fast and it's hot out there). I guess I should bring a towel and just kind of freshen up in the ladies room afterwards. Actually, I'd like to wash my whole face. I'm a freak about that.

The route is SO nice and there were runners out there. Oh my god, if I could get a 30 minute jog in my lunch hour I would be the happiest woman in the world (seriously, it doesn't take much to make me happy). I think you can get a "shower only" pass to the gym - I have to look into that. Then I'd have all night and morning time with my family. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

3 people had this to say:

Carolyn said...

don't you just feel wonderful??? I walked all last summer on my lunch and loved it...and saw big results from it! Something I need to get back into for sure.

I hear ya about the not feeling fresh though. I stopped going to the gym at lunch lately because I feel so scuzzy all afternoon.

I'm just catching up on your blog...how I've missed it!! You have been a busy girl!

I think the Core class is an awesome idea. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Malinda said...

maybe if you're going to just do the walk bring a t-shirt to throw on so you can keep your top fresh.

I wish I had an hour for lunch, we only get a half hour and I'm not very good at stepping away from the desk for some me time mid day. I hope the shower pass stuff works out.

Amy said...

I ran along the river tonight for the (FUCK BOSTON JUST SCORED AGAIN!) first time this year.. it was great.

Frig. Its 4-1. Friggin Habs.

Now I'm grumpy, and lucky you... you get to feel my wrath!