Thursday, April 3, 2008

Oh no... be strong Christy

So, every Sunday I make a pot of steel cut oats and divvy them up into 5 tupperware containers for the week. Every morning I take one out of the fridge to bring to work.

I LOVE my oats, I get excited to eat them. I jsut went to the kitchen, pulled off the top of the container and there's last night's leftover rice! Argh! What to do?!?!

There's a cafeteria downstairs, which I've been to like three times. Twice to get a container of milk and once for soup. I avoid it like the plague (I go down there to eat lunch with colleagues some days, but I don't go near the counter) so I don't know what their options are for breakfast. I may have to put my jacket back on and head across the street to Marcello's, I think they have a fruit/granola/yogurt or cottage cheese breakfast something or other. Yes, that's what I will do.

I weighed in this morning at 154.5, yay! 1.5 lbs to my pre-Christmas weight. Next year I'm going to look back at this post and see that it's taken me more than 4 months to get back to the weight I was before Christmas, maybe that will help control my Christmas-eating-craziness!

4 people had this to say:

Anne said...

OMG, the fruit/granola/yogurt/orange juice cups from Marcellos are sooo good! OOh I want one now. We also have a Marcellos in our building.

Carolyn said...

Yes yes yes we need to get this Christmas crap under control next year...please remind me of that next December too?? It's taken 3 months to get back down to my pre-Christmas weight....that is ridiculous and SO not worth the 2 weeks of splurging and not exercising!

I've got to try those steel cut oats. What do you put on them??

Christy said...

Mmmm I put on a tsp of almond butter, a tsp of walnuts and a tbsp of ground flax seed. Honestly I LOVE my breakfast, and it keeps me quite full and content :)

Yes - let's be on each other's ass next Christmas....SO not worth it.

Marathon Someday said...

Congrats on that great loss, Christy!

I loooove oatmeal too - thanks for recommending Kath's site. I get some great ideas from there.

Nevermind Christmas - I'm still trying to lose pregnancy weight!:-)