Monday, April 14, 2008

Oh no.

I woke Sunday morning to find Kaethe on the couch, and she proceeded to tell me that she had been up all night with the flu. I had just spent the weekend with her... uh oh.

This morning I woke up feeling a bit off, but came to work anyways. I'm eating my oats and hoping that this feeling passes, but really I think my chances coming away unscathed are slim. This weekend while I was away three family members had the flu (Carson was with one of said family members for dinner on Saturday night).

Please, no flu! I've already had it once this year and before that it must have been a good 15 years since I had the flu. Sucky.

When Jeff read the comment from "Freda" he wondered aloud why women are so catty. I don't know why someone would leave a negative comment, did she think I would benefit from that? Did SHE benefit from that? I'm hoping it's the latter. If she needs to have reassurance that she's the better mom cause she can't leave her child alone with her husband, then maybe she needs all the help she can get.

3 people had this to say:

Malinda said...

uh oh... get lots of fluids in and your vitamin c etc. Our chiropractor told us after we got that insane flu in march that our immune system is primed now and we probably won't get sick again for a long time.

Mind over matter... hope you can kick it.

Marathon Someday said...

Sending "stay well" vibes to you - maybe it's the same strain you had before, so you're already immune.:-)

I'm SO glad you had a great weekend with the girls! I'm with you, Christy - we need rejuvenation and perspective sometimes. R spends plenty of "alone" time with dad, and I couldn't be happier. It isn't good for mom or baby to be joined at the hip 24/7...but we could write a book on that topic, so 'nuff said here.

Christy said...

Thanks ladies! I'm quite hoping that I am immune.

You're right - we could write a book. I don't know why I still sometimes feel like I have to defend myself. Another trait of mine I don't particularly care for too much.